Well, today was the boys first trip to dentist. Yes, I said "first visit". You can blame me for this - you see, I already had braces by the time I was in the 2nd grade and didn't get them off until the 7th grade (can you calculate how LONG that was and how many TIMES I had to grace the wonderful - sarcasm - appearance of my "not so friendly" orthodontist?) and I have not been the "greatest" at making my every 6 month appointments (I guess I would TRY to show up at the appointment IF I actually MADE the appt - sorry!!!). So, needless to say, I've been very slow in getting the boys into see the dentist (for all of you who work in this field - it's nothing personal, I promise!!).
So, I had been gearing the boys about going and they seemed ok about it. They were a little hesitant about walking back into the room all by themselves and, luckily, they let me go back with them the first time. Jackson was first and he did SO good!! He opened wide, they counted the teeth, cleaned each one, flossed and even took pics of his teeth with the big "camera". I was SO proud of him for being so brave!!! His teeth looked great and he even has another loose tooth that should be out in the next few weeks. I new toothbrush, toothpaste, floss and a trip to the treasure chest was in his future!! Way to go, Jackson!!!
Then there was Jonathan (enter music: da, da, dum). I had to hold his hand while he sat in the big chair and it took him a little longer to realize that open doesn't mean close and close doesn't mean open. After he bit the hygentist (so sorry) several times, he finally figured out what she was telling him to do. He never cried. He let her count his teeth, clean each one, floss and - oh wait - DID NOT let her take pics of his teeth. He never could get the part about, "Now bite down and DON"T MOVE"......really? Was he REALLY supposed to get that part? Needless to say, after MANY attempts, she gave up. I don't blame her really - I just hate that they couldn't get the necessary pics. Oh, and did I mention that he has 2 "beginning cavities" in the back, top molars (sp?) and we get to go back (hear my excitement) in a couple of weeks to have them filled. YAY!! (Now, do you see why I don't frequent the dentist?)
So, the first trip is over and it went well. Thank you, Lord, for the dentist - amen.
2 comments:
Ok, Angela - I got SO tickled about the Dentist trip. You see, I hate going to the dentist, and would rather have a broken arm, yes, a broken arm as go let them grind around on my teeth - whether it be the cleaning tool or for a filling! DUH, and all THAT came from a "not so nice" dentist when I had an abcessed tooth - and there was a DENTIST CONVENTION with ALL dentists out of town. HOWEVER, Uncle Henry, not to be put out by that, called everyone, got me some heavy meds - yes, I saw pink elephants flying in the air, until the Dentists returned to TTown. Only problem - we saw Atilla the Hun Dentist, who had NO bedside manner, had no sympathy for a 16 yr old girl who was crying like a baby...Nope - no sympathy for the same girl who doesn't deaden well...so this dentist tells my daddy, and Uncle, your granddaddy, that they must pull the existing filling with NO deadening.....and then proceeded to DO it! I never screamed so loud in my life - but I believe we were told later that DCH could hear it. Now, my daddy, and your granddaddy literally came unglued at the "Atilla the Hun" dentist that will forever remain nameless. Didn't know which one was going to try to hit the dentist first! ha Needless to say, My Current Dentist gets all the "bleedover" from that little ordeal, and I don't like her either - unless we are in a restaurant! he he...
Say Job Well Done to both boys for me, and dont pay any attention to their Aunt Donna's story... (well their Sort Of Aunt)ha ha ha
LOve ya'll...
D
Hi there! Just checked all your recent blogs- so funny! You've been really busy! Your stories put a huge smile on my face. :)
Post a Comment