Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Surprise!!!!

This is a big birthday year for my hubby. I have always known that I wanted to throw him a surprise party, but I just wasn't sure how to do it. So, I pulled all of my brain cells together and planned it for this past weekend, Nov 7th, at a local mexican restaurant and invited a bunch of his friends and family.

He had NO idea. His parents came in town for another reason which made it easy for them to be here. His brother, Matt, lied and said they needed to come in town for a baby shower so that got them here. Matt, Brian and Larry went golfing Saturday afternoon and we started planning.... made posters with tons of pics from past and present, got the cake, balloons, decor, etc. When they guys were done golfing, we told them to meet us for mexican...That is where the DRAMA began!! Brian wanted to go to a different restaurant while Kadie and I were already at the party location!!! AARRRGGHHH - why does he do this to us?!?! After much lying and negotiation, Brian and the rest of the family started making their way to the restaurant.....where me and 40ish guests were waiting.

The surprise went off without a hitch!! We said surprise THREE times before he realized we were talking to him!!! It was a great night and I'm so glad to have surprised the love of my life on such a special occasion!!

Brian, I love you so much and I hope you have a great 40th birthday!! You work so hard to support me and the boys and I just want you to know how much we appreciate you. You are the Godly man this family wants and needs and I couldn't be prouder to call you my husband!!! Happy Birthday! I love you!!
Brian's parents gave him a cane with a horn on it!!!

My sweet hubby in a sombrero!!

The awesome cake!!!

Our precious family!!!!

No comments: