Today I remembered something I should have already posted....This past Sunday night we went to the evening worship time at our church. It's always such a great time of worship and I really enjoy going. At our church, there is no childcare provided for children 4 and older during the evening service so they have to come to worship with us. For the most part, Jackson enjoys going to "chapel" with us and is pretty good. We have a "Sunday night bag" that hangs on the hook by our back door and Jackson knows that he is to take this with him to Sunday night church...it has all the things to keep him occupied (coloring books, writing books, etc).
This past Sunday while we were singing, Jackson got bored with his "books" so Brian gave him his blackberry for Jackson to play the "Brick Breaker" game (I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about). Jackson is pretty good at this game too! Well, we finished singing and the pastor came up to read from the book of Psalms. At JUST the right time (just after a really good verse), Jackson must have made it to the next level in the game because he said, "YES!" in a normal voice!!!! It was the funniest, most humiliating time I've had in a long time. Brian and I were trying SO hard not to laugh (even though SEVERAL people around us were already laughing). You should also know that when Brian tries to keep his laughter in, he starts his "shake laugh" which is when his entire upper body just shakes up and down. It was quite the scene.
Oh - it was an experience. Jackson still doesn't get that what he did and at the moment he did it in, was just priceless. Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment