Monday, July 20, 2009

Fun in the Sun....

Today was a "Preteen Fun in the Sun" day for the 5th and 6th graders at our church. Because Brian and I teach 6th grade Sunday School, the boys and I were able to go. It was at a dear, sweet ladies house that has a pool and lake for fishing so I knew the boys would have a great time!!! We loaded up with our floaties, nets and buckets and off we went....


Jonathan and Jackson both went down the slide and thought that was really cool. All of the kids were so cute helping them and rooting them on - it was such a sweet thing to see. But, as always, Jackson found some other things to do.....


....he was catching frogs and, frogs, he caught.....

I think we left with about 12 baby toads in our bucket. Yes, they rode home with us in the car and, yes, they ALL stayed in the bucket (thank you, Lord!!). The boys had such a good time and I'm so glad that we were able to go. After approximately 4 hours at the pool/lake, we came home and went to show our new toads to our friends down the street. We played for several more hours and finally came in the house for the first time of the day around 7:45 pm. We had baths, ate dinner and found Jonathan in the den eating fruit snacks - or so we thought.....

Notice that his hand is STILL IN THE FRUIT SNACK BAG!!! That was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Poor little guy - he had such a big day and just couldn't do ONE more thing - not even eat a fruit snack!! Thanks, Mrs. Laura and Mrs. Tammy, for such a WONDERFUL day!!!

No comments: