1st 10k
Ok - so this post is about me (a.k.a. "MOM"). On July 4th, I did something I've never done before - or thought I ever would do....I ran a 10k with my good friend. We ran the AJC Peachtree Roadrace with 55,009 other (crazy) people and it was WONDERFUL!!! We finished in 1:12 minutes (approx 26,000 ish) and will definitely do it again!!! I had trained but was still a little worried about the run, but nothing could have EVER prepared me for the overwhelming feeling emotionally. There were several times that I literally had to stop myself from crying while I was running. There were moms running while olding HUGE American flags with shirts on stating their son/daughter was in Iraq, there were patients from the Sheperd Clinic rooting us on with signs that said, "Run to the Max" while they themselves had no legs, there were little old ladies sitting in lawn chairs waving the American flags at us as we ran by, there were countless strangers handing out drinks as we went by - all cheering us on, and the list goes on and on. As I'm typing this, I have chills down my body remembering the feeling of that day. I know I didn't do this on my own - there is NO way that I could have. My Lord was gracious enough to provide a beautiful day with little humidity and carried me across the finish line. He provided me with a great friend to encourage me EVERY step of the way. He provided me with a supportive, loving husband that was excited to give me a day away (to run 6.2 miles). It's a habit for me now. I enjoy it and will run another 10k. Maybe one day I'll run a half marathon (not any time soon). Who knows? I do know that it was one of the best experiences of my LIFE and I'm so excited I did it.
Here's a pic of us at 5:15am (EST) getting ready to go to the MARTA station. It was an early morning!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment