Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Updates on our crazy summer life...

OK - so we're in the full swing of summer so there isn't much time to update my blog. There have been several fun or funny things to happen so I'm just going to compile them into one big blog...

Jackson says the funniest things sometimes. Last night we were up in the playroom and I was trying to turn on a short movie for the boys to watch before bedtime. Jackson decided this would be a great time for him to "exercise". So, he lays down on the floor and starts doing sit ups (I'm not sure where he picked this up because I NEVER do sit ups). After about 6 sit ups he gets up and comes over to me and says, "Mom! Look how much I've grown!!". SO CUTE!!!

Our neighborhood is in the process of building a "Common Area" - a place for a playground, pavilion, etc for the members to go and enjoy. Up until last weekend it was a lot full of weeds and brush - not much to be desired. However, last weekend daddy and one of his coworkers spend 9 hours on 2 CAT machines clearing the lot and getting it ready for the new things. We spent alot of time down there just watching them b/c the boys LOVE CAT machines and especially loved watching daddy operate it. As we were watching daddy, Jackson looked at me and said, "Mom, one day, when I'm big like daddy, can I run a tractor too?" I just love how he admires his daddy so much and wants to be so much like him one day...couldn't get any better in my opinion!!!

OK - so something funny. Our neighbor, "Mrs. J" LOVES doing yardwork. Her yard is so pretty with tons of flowers, plants, gazebo, etc. Recently, she spent alot of time building a "pond" next to her gazebo with a fountain in the middle of it. The boys love the "pond" and go to frequent it often - as a matter of fact, this is where Jackson got the tadpoles that were in his acquarium. So, last weekend Mrs. J decided she wanted to put some fish in her pond so she went out and got some. At first they weren't adjusting well to the change (the fish, that is) but now they are doing very well swimming from here to there. So, today I went out to check on the boys and, as always, they weren't in our yard. They were in Mrs. J's yard. I called for Jackson to come over and he came running to me with a net and bucket in tow.....you know where this is going.....and he says, "Look, Mom!! I caught a fish and it's still alive!!" Yep, you guessed it. Jackson thought Mrs. J kindly put those fish there for him to catch!!! I immediately informed him that was not the case and he was to go and return the fish to his home. SORRY MRS. J!!!!!

Our summer days are full. Still enjoying our big water slide, we've gone to the YMCA pool with some very dear friends (and will DEFINETLY do that again), we've visited the "free movies" and ate some popcorn and today we enjoyed the slip n slide in the backyard. It's so hard to believe how hot it already is during the day. Tomorrow we're off to visit with Nan and Big Daddy and enjoy a day with them. I'm so glad that the boys are having a good summer so far and I hope it gets better with each day. Until next time....

1 comment:

Shelly Powers said...

i love the story about jackson and the fish... i laughed out loud when i read it.. too cute!