To begin, our Jonathan (who is almost 3 years and 4 months old) TT'd in the potty for the FIRST time TODAY!!! YAY!!! After he woke up at 5:45am (of course, it's Saturday) with a soaking wet pull up, I knew today would be a day that we would work on potty training. So, we went outside, took off all of his clothes except a shirt and his crocs and let him go. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it all at first, but he got used to it. It was interesting because when he needed to go TT he would start crying. He literally had no idea what it was like to TT without a diaper on and he did not like it at all. But, that was also an easy way for me to know that he needed to go TT. Several times he tt'd outside but one random time he didn't want to TT outside and asked to go inside to TT. So, we ran inside and HE DID IT!!! He actually put his TT in the potty!!! WOO HOO - Skittles and Popsicles for everyone!!! Needless to say, before the day was over, I think he TT'd in the potty 5 times and had one accident in his underwear. I'm hesitant about church tomorrow morning, but I REALLY don't want to put him in pull ups anymore except to sleep in, so I may just go with it. I know it's just day one but I refuse to go backwards from here...it'll only be harder to train him again. Please keep me in your prayers - this next week may be a rough one and I'm scheduled to work 3 days so Jonathan will be with his Nan...SORRY, NAN!!!!

(pardon the jackets, this was an April picture so the "summer fun prize" came in the Spring last year). This year the prize is a Bonzai Water Slide!!....


I have a feeling that we'll be enjoying this for MANY days this summer!!! The boys had SO much fun and was so excited to see it as we were putting it up. Finally, our 3rd "first" for this weekend is actually a milestone for me. I hesitated to include this but I think it'll be good for the boys to read about this one day and know how hard I worked to stay healthy for them and their daddy. I've always tried to exercise in some sort of way on a semi regular basis. One of my all time favorites is step aerobics but I can't make it to the gym everyday to take part in the classes. I've always had friends and families that have run/jogged and I just never saw the big deal about it. I love to walk, but jogging has never occurred to me as an option...or at least one I would stick with. So, with the encouragement of some friends, I started jogging about a week and a half ago. I'd run a little ways and stop, then I worked up to a mile, then 2 miles (yes, just a week and a half). Well, last night, me and my dear friend, Leigh Ann, ran 3 miles!!! I couldn't believe I actually did it - I was SO close to running a 5K in my neighborhood!! It was such an exhilarating feeling and I am so proud that I pushed myself. We hope to run the Peachtree Race on July 4th (which is a 10K), so keep me in your prayers. For now, I just want to be sure that our boys understand the importance of staying healthy and active as you grow older and today. Until next time....
1 comment:
ANGELA!! good for you, girl! i hope to start running again (forever) when i get settled back in alabama. and...i love the water slide!! we talked about buying one this summer but i doubt it would get any use next summer in alaska. looks like a lot of fun, tho! GOOD LUCK WITH THE POTTY TRAINING!!
leanne duke howard
Post a Comment