Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Zoo Field Trip

Today we went with our MDO program to the Birmingham Zoo. Every year they take the 4 year old classes as a "last hoo ra" before the kids head off to kindergarten. So, the Lord blessed us with a beautiful day (sandwiched between 2 stormy days) to have at the zoo!!! At the last minute, Brian's morning opened up and he was even able to join me and Jackson - YAY!!!

The first thing we did was feed nectar to the birds. Daddy had to do it first but then Jackson was brave and gave it a try...

After we fed the birds, we were off to see the swans and the flamingos. Our zoo has a lot of flamingos and I absolutely LOVE the picture of this one..
















I'm not sure what kind of monkey this is, but I thought it was a neat picture. I'm sure if Big Daddy were there, he would have made some joke about how it looks like me or Brian - even though we would've said it looks like Big Daddy!!








The rhinocerous' were so playful. There were two of them and they kept running around in the mud after each other. It was so funny to watch such a huge animal be "playful". Too bad we can't be as playful as they are in our everyday life....just something to think about.







Another fun animal that we (and KK) adore, are the giraffes. Their "spots" (as Jackson calls it) are so interesting. It's just funny to see God's personality in all of the animals and how different He made each one of them.



Jackson and I have both declared our favorite animal at the zoo to be the zebra. I just think they are a beautiful creation of God!!!









This bobcat had a friend in the same area with him. Let's just say they weren't very happy to be together at this time...I think they were both ready for their own spaces.







The Bengal Tiger was so beautiful!!











Because of our Auburn ties, we HAD to go see the "orange tiger". Unfortunately, everytime we see this tiger, he is running along the walls trying to figure out how to get out. It makes us so sad and we wish he had a bigger area to run and play.








Of course, a trip to the zoo is not complete without a carosel and train ride!!!

















Finally, a picture with mommy to end the day!!!

We had SO much fun at the zoo!!! Can't wait to go back!!!

No comments: