OK - so, this blog is a place where I can write about our boy's life adventures - AND have them read about it one day. Today's blog is going to tell on me and I thought LONG AND HARD about posting it or not. Then, I thought about the day that my boys grow up, get married and have kids on their own....they may enjoy reading this and learning from MY experiences. So, here it goes....
I'm a talker. I talk to my friends. I talk to my family. I'll talk to whomever will listen to me. Unfortunately, I also talk too much to our boys instead of discipline them with the "hands". Brian has told me many times, "They aren't listening to you anymore" when I am trying to "teach" our kids their life lessons...you know, why you don't do some things, how you respect and honor your parents, why it's nice to be kind to your friends and so on and so forth. I've even been known to take my Bible upstairs when I "talk" to the boys (poor things - I really DO talk too much). OK - so to make it even more evident, I'm doing a wonderful Bible Study by Lisa Whelchel (Blair from the Facts of Life) called "Creative Correction". Last week, she talked about how we need to do "less talk and more gently discipline"...that one hit home to me BIG TIME. But, apparently I haven't learned how to implement it still. Here's why:
Today I was "talking/lecturing" to Jackson about something that he was doing (sad that I can't even remember what it was now) and he said to me, "SHHHH" - in the MIDDLE of one of my sentences!!! WHAT?!?!? He didn't just SHHHH me, did he?
Well, sadly to admit it, maybe he's right.....
No comments:
Post a Comment