OK - So sorry it's been a while since I posted last. We've been really busy as the boys started Mother's Day Out (Jackson goes 3 days and Jonathan goes 2 days) and I teach a class on the days that Jonathan goes. So, "spare time" has been few and far between but we are loving school and are so excited to be back in the "swing of things".
Jackson is in the 4 year old class and he is such a big boy. He walks to his class by himself, puts up his backpack and lunchbox and gets started on the morning assignment. Last Thursday we were on our way home and he informed me that his girlfriend was very beautiful!! HIS WHAT?!?! Very calmly I asked, "You mean your friend at school is very beautiful?". He responds, "No, mom, my GIRLFRIEND is very beautiful!! Her name is _____." What is this!!! Our 4 year old has a girlfriend?!?!!? I had been told earlier in the week that he had a "crush" in his class b/c Jackson would sit with his arm around this cute little girl. When I asked his teacher about it, she quickly said that what I had heard was right. He even told Brian all about her that night without me telling him too. So, there you have it - our 4 year old has his first crush/girlfriend and he's not even in kindergarten yet. I think we may be in for a little "player" on our hands.
Jonathan is still in speech therapy and has really turned a corner this summer. He readily repeats EVERYTHING he hears (especially what Jackson says) and is doing much better. Now, as a team, we are focusing on his oral motor and fine motor skills. It's starting to be apparent that the muscles around his mouth aren't allowing him to keep his mouth closed; therefore, his mouth stays open and he continues to drool alot. He knows HOW to close his mouth (b/c he'll do it on command), but would just rather it be open. Which leads us to look at his tonsils/adnoids to see if they are swollen and that is why he prefers to breath through his mouth versus his nose. We have started the transition phase from the state sponsored program to the school sponsored and Jonathan will be evaluated in November to see if he qualifies for the school to see him (Please pray that he'll qualify!!). I'll keep everyone informed as we find out the details.
Until next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment