Monday, September 22, 2008

Brian, HELP!!!!


For those of you who have or have had toddlers before understand the importance of waking up in a nice manner - especially on Sunday morning before church. SO, you'll understand why I was so frazzled when I woke up to the following this past Sunday.....

Jackson and Jonathan had woke up around 6:30 (which is WAY to early) so I got them some breakfast and settled them ever so snuggly in front of the TV to entertain them while Brian and I got a "few more minutes" of sleep - we'll take what we can get around here!!! Well, a few minutes later, I hear Jonathan playing with his green jeep that was given to him by his cousin, Hunter. He LOVES to play with this jeep but it can be a bit noisy when the tires run along our hardwood floors - especially when Jackson is trying to hear the TV. Well, because it seems that neither of them can sit without holding anything, Jackson had his die cast "Blue Angels" airplane in his hand acting like it was "flying around the house". So, instead of just asking Jonathan to please play quieter (how many of you are laughing?), he takes it upon himself to say, "Be quiet, Jonathan!!" while giving a little reinforcement upon Jonathan's forehead with the DIE CAST airplane!!! Needless to say, Jonathan ran to our bedroom crying. At first I didn't see the blood and immediately went to correct Jackson on how he handled the problem - but then I got a closer look and the area above Jonathan's right eye was covered in blood!!! I told Jackson to go get his daddy and then go to his room - making VERY sure that Jackson saw that his brother was bleeding. Jackson's eyes got really big and he did as I asked him to. Thankfully, that area bleeds WAY more than it needs to and the cut didn't need stitches. Thankfully, the hit wasn't an inch lower and didn't hit Jonathan IN the eye. Needless to say, we read MANY verses in Proverbs and "had church" with Jackson before we even got dressed for church!!! We're really struggling with them learning how to communicate to each other what is bothering them. Instead they react in ways that are hurtful or just "UHHH" about it (which is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me). I know they are toddlers, they are BOYS, and they will grow up one day; I just wish they could learn these lessons a little quicker than the others.
On a side note - Kit gave me a picture of Brian when he was around 18 months old last year for Christmas and everyone that sees it is AMAZED at how much it looks like Jonathan - scary identical!!! The ONLY difference is, that by this time, Brian already had a scar on his right eye from where he had stitches. Jonathan came really close, but thankfully, no stitches were needed. Until next time....

No comments: