Thursday, August 7, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Jackson!




Last Friday Jackson turned 4. It was a wonderful day as KK & Papa were in town and there were 2 parties planned to celebrate with Nan, Big Daddy and Aunt Bef!! He is getting so big and I am taking this birthday VERY hard!! I don't know why, but I have cried everyday since his birthday. Our schools started today and I have so many friends who have had their "babies" start kindergarten and I can't stop thinking how fast that day will come for Jackson (whether it's next year or if we hold him back). I know I need to just focus on the "now" and that is what I'm trying to do.
So, there have been some pretty funny conversations between me and Jackson since his birthday and I thought you'd like to hear them. Here they go:
#1
(Trying on his new shoes that he got for his birthday)
Me: Jackson, how do your shoes feel?
Jackson: Well, mom, they feel like shoes.
Yes, I know, I asked for it. As KK said, he answered that one like a pro!!!
#2
Jackson: Mom, I need a bike.
Me: Why? You have a bike that works great.
Jackson: Because I'm getting to big for the car.
I quickly reassured him that he would NEVER get to big for the car... where does he get these things?
I know there will be many more cute conversations to come and I can't wait to be a part of them. Happy Birthday, buddy!! We love you!

No comments: