So today was Jackson's first day back to school since his accident and he did so good. Of course, me being the overprotective mother that I have all of a sudden become, I went with him - HA! That's right - I walked him to his classroom, hung out while he stood on the "stage" (a little stool that his teacher has) to tell his story and answer questions, of course, and then did some volunteer work at the school until lunch. After I ate lunch with my big boy, I did leave the school and came back to get him in car rider (I'm not comfortable with him on the bus this week).
As we were walking to his room, a girl in another grade looked at him and said, "What happened to HIM?!" I looked straight at her and kindly said, "He was bit by a dog but he is going to be just fine." It didn't seem to bother Jackson and I'm so glad - that would have crushed me.
The other scary thing that happened was as Mrs. C called them all to the carpet, a boy in Jackson's class literally DOVE to sit down - next to Jackson - so his feet were about 12 inches from Jackson's face!! That scared me so bad because that is the ONE reason why he didn't go to school at all last week!! Thankfully, Mrs. C saw it and made sure that this little boy or anyone else would never do anything like that again. Whew!
Well, day one of school is behind us and we are on a "normal schedule". I'm still so thankful to everyone for their love, support and prayers during this time!! We are so very blessed to be a part of such a good community and have such a great family!!
No comments:
Post a Comment