Thursday, July 29, 2010

Funny Jackson stories...

Here are a few things that Jackson has done over the past couple of weeks that have made us giggle:

Prayer Time:
It's very important for us to pray as a family, whether it be at bedtime or before we eat. We always include the boys and want them to pray too. Jackson says some of the best prayers and I know Jesus hears every single one of them....the best part is his beginning, "Dear Feavenly Hather...." hahaha So precious!

Frosted Flakes Cereal:
OK, so Brian and I recently went on a mission trip with our Sunday School class and the boys got to stay a few days with Nan and Big Daddy. On our way home, we went by Tuscaloosa to pick them up and we were so excited to see them. We started driving the rest of the way between Tuscaloosa and Birmingham and the following conversation took place:
Jackson: Hey mom and dad, do you know that cereal that has a tiger on it?
Us: You mean Frosted Flakes
Jackson: Yes, I want some of it

Us: Why? (we have never gotten this kind of cereal before)
Jackson: Because it made that boy play soccer really good.
Ha! Ha! Guess he saw that commercial at Nan's a few times!!

Last one - Shoe shopping:
Ok - this is my favorite. As most of you know, school starting is just around the corner so we must get ready by purchasing our "Back to School" tennis shoes. Jackson had been wanting some sketchers for a LONG time and Nan decided to get him some for his birthday. So, me, Jackson and Jonathan loaded up and went to Academy. We walked down the aisle of the Sketchers and Jackson picks out the pair with the green accents and the pair with the orange accents. After trying on a few and realizing that his shoe size is now a 2 (he wore a 13 at the beginning of summer), he really wanted to "study" them. Jackson was hysterical!! He would run around the aisle, jump up and down and, at one point, I looked over to find him doing push ups in the middle of the store!!!! When I asked him what he was doing, he said he was trying to figure out which one made him jump higher and run faster. SO, not wanting to pursuade him at all, I told him to really think about which of those 2 pair he wanted while I helped Jonathan pick out a pair of shoes. So, I spend about 15 minutes with Jonathan and come back to Jackson.....still no decision. After some conversation, he decides he wants to try on the red accented pair. We pull those out and notice immediately that the mesh is different (it's more airy and allow the cool air to come through) and, after comparing the mesh on ALL THREE PAIR......ladies and gentlemen....the red accented pair WINS!!! YAY!!! OUR 1 1/2 HOUR TRIP TO ACADEMY IS NOW OVER!!!! I just never knew that a pair of new tennis shoes for kindergarten were so important!!!

No comments: