Friday, February 19, 2010

Jonathan's 4th birthday!!!!!

I can hardly believe it.....Jonathan, our baby, is 4 years old!!! Where had the time gone? He was JUST born, having a hard time digesting milk, drooling like a mad man, going through speech therapy, having every ENT surgery you can have (not really - just felt like it at the time) and has just grown SO much in the last year. Our little guy is blooming so much and his personality is really starting to shine!!! He is so funny and SO smart (yep, I'm actually saying he is smart - BIG change from last year!!).

On the BIG day, he woke up and had what HE wanted for breakfast - yogurt and a doughnut. The candle was REALLy hard to put in the yogurt but I had already cut the doughnut so I couldn't put it in there..
At school, Jonathan was the "leader" for the week and we had to bring the alphabucket home and fill it with things that start with the letter "U". This was a tough one but we were able to find several things. So, for his birthday celebration at school, I brought ice cream cones with bowls and they had "upside down ice cream cones" (I wish I could say that I came up with this on my own, but I didn't. Thank you LA for your creativity!!). THEN, on the SAME day, they had their Valentine party and I was able to sneak in a get a pic of him on his big day at school...

That night we let Jonathan decide where we were going to eat....bet you can't guess where he said - really, try to guess......

McDonalds!!! Of course! It's every 4 year old's dream to have their birthday dinner at the golden arches!!! So, off we went to "O'Donalds" and Jonathan LOVED it!!! He and Jackson ate their dinner and then got some time to play while daddy and I had conversations (without interruptions!!). It really was a fun time and I'm so glad Jonathan enjoyed it.

After our big dinner, we headed home for his ice cream cake....complete with some FANTASTIC singing from his family (NOT!! I warn you before you watch - the singing is NOT good but what Jonathan does after it is so cute so I HAD to include this video on this post - otherwise I would have saved your ears from the horrible noise you are about to hear...)

Lastly, he opened his gifts from us. I'm not going to bore you with all of the pics, but here he is with his new trucks (you can put cars in the back and "transport" them to the races)...

Jonathan,

Happy Birthday! Your daddy and I love you so much and are so blessed to have you as our son. We are praying for God's will in your life and we pray that you come to know God as your personal savior while you are young. You are such a precious person and you always bring a smile to our faces. May God bless you this next year and may you always know how much we love you!!

Happy Birthday!

Love, Daddy and Mommy

No comments: