Thursday, January 7, 2010

Restful week....

Christmas night we headed to our family hunting club / relaxing retreat for mom!!! There is no cell phone and no internet so all I had to do was play with the boys, read and watch TV. It was wonderful!! Well, at least for a few days...I have to admit I was beginning to go stir crazy in the double wide trailer. I had seen enough of the inside of those walls and some of the days it was just plain too cold to go outside.

One day we were able to go out and play for a little bit. Jackson and Jonathan watched their daddy shoot a little (to targets), Jonathan played with his favorite tractor and Jackson "hunted" in his tree stand that Brian set up for him at the camp. The boys LOVE going to the club and, even on the days that we couldn't go outside, they did so good inside the camp. It was a great time for all of us as a family..

We were also able to celebrate Brian's 40th birthday at the camp. I offered to make him steak and potatoes but he wanted to go to the "fancy" restaurant in town (a.k.a Pizza Hut). So, on his special day, we had pizza - complete with breadsticks for an appetizer and cinnasticks for a dessert!! After our "fancy" dinner, we went back to the camp and Brian opened all of his gifts and cards. Thank you to everyone who made this day extra special for him!!!

No comments: