Some of you have been asking about Jonathan, so here is an update.
As the Dr. said, day 7-10 were very hard!!! I had NO idea that it would be so painful for Jonathan and stressful for me and Brian. Jonathan would wake up and just cry for an hour. He wouldn't take his medicine, eat or drink anything. His poor little throat just hurt too bad. The only thing that would calm him down is for momma to hold him in her lap, on the couch, with his blanket in his lap and Micky Mouse on TV. Talk about having to slow down and forget about everything else for a while (the reason I haven't blogged in a month). The poor little thing ate yogurt, pudding, fruit salad and fruit snacks for almost 2 weeks straight. Sleeping was interesting - many nights he woke up several times and would just cry out for me. I'd go to console him and he would want to sleep with me (note - our kids NEVER have WANTED to sleep with us so this was very unusual).
Needless to say, our little man was being very spoiled. It got to be really hard when he was healed up and STILL wanted to be "babied". But, a few weeks later, he is MUCH BETTER!! His appetite has caught up with him and he is eating us out of a house and home. I think his breathing is better but it's hard to tell for sure. He is repeating EVERYTHING we say and I can tell that he is making more sentences on his own.
I think we are on the down slope and all is good for him. Now......time to POTTY TRAIN!!! Please pray for me!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment