Today Jackson, Jonathan and I went to eat mexican with our dear friend, Judi, who was in town from Auburn. As we were waiting for her to arrive, we began eating our "chips and cheese dip" - anyone surprised? Anyways, as we are eating, I notice Jackson grab his throat like he was choking. I immediately asked him if he was ok and he couldn't respond to me!!! AAAGGGHHH So, I started beating his back and nothing helped. So, I got him out of the booth, hit his back some more and nothing still happened. He was able to cough a little so I gave him his drink - thinking that would help --- not so. All the juice immediately came back out because the chip was blocking his throat. This is where I panicked. I screamed for someone to help me and this sweet lady and the guy she was with came over. She did the heimlich manuever and nothing came out. She threw him over her knee (like superman) and I beat his back again. He was able to spit up some more juice, but no chip. After a few more beats, we stood him back up and it seemed like the chip had moved down. He was able to talk to us so we were able to finally breath. We thanked the nice lady for helping us and sat down at our booth.
Of course, at this time, I start to cry as I think about what just happened. It was then that I started to see little red spots show up all around his eyes and on his forehead. This is where his capillaries burst because he wasn't getting oxygen. My baby couldn't breathe!!! Do you have any idea what that is like? As we sat there, I just hugged him and thanked God that he was alive and ok. Tonight I went to pray with him as he went to bed. Of course, I thanked God for the lady that helped us and Jackson said to me, "Mommy, God moved that chip for me". He's right....God did move that chip for him and, for that, I am extremely grateful!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment