Our Christmas vacation was very chaotic and eventful. We started off in Augusta on the 19th to have about 5 days with Brian's family. We had a great time with everyone and was so excited to hear that Matt and Kadie are expecting their 3rd child!! We will have the new bundle of joy in July and it will be such a fun time. Unfortunately, most of us were sick while we were in Augusta with either sinus or stomach stuff.
We came home on Christmas Eve to find our refrigerator hot and our shower leaking into the garage. So, while the boys and I made cookies for santa, Brian was repairing the shower and we all threw away the spoiled food.
Christmas day was wonderful as Brian, the boys and I had my sister come up and celebrate with us. It was so good to have Beth with us and the boys LOVED opening their gifts in front of her. It was a special time and I hope we're able to do it every year possible. Christmas afternoon we traveled to Tuscaloosa to have Christmas with my parents and that was a good time too. However, on the way home, Jackson and I began to feel sick and eventually ended up throwing up. So, we were hit with the stomach bug!!
The day after was pathetic as I layed around the house and tried to gain more energy. That afternoon I get a call and found out that my mom had fallen down some stairs at her house and was on the way to the hospital b/c she thought she had broken her hip. After some X Rays, it was determined that she had broken her femur bone. So, Saturday morning I get up and take down whatever Christmas decor that I can, pack up and head to the hospital to stay with my mom. She had surgery on Sunday morning and had 3 screws put in her femur bone - the surgery was successful and we are so thankful for that.
Meanwhile, my sister is scheduled to move into a new house by Dec. 31 and guess who is on board to help with that too. After the surgery was over, it was determined that mom was good so I started helping Beth and the kids pack up their house. Mom came home on Wednesday and was told to "take it easy". She had a walker and eventually got a wheelchair.
To make this long story shorter, we were able to get Beth moved in and mom was doing well at home. I went home on Friday and was SO happy to be back home. The following Monday night I was watching TV in the den after the boys went to bed and heard a "dripping" sound. I assumed it was the rain outside and didn't think much of it. About 20 minutes later I walked into the kitchen to find it COVERED it water!!! Our water filter in the frig (yep, the same one that broke while we were in Augusta) had burst. After time with our insurance agent, it was determined that we need to replace the wood floors in our kitchen - YAY!!! (i'm being sarcastic)
A couple of weeks later, my dad had a business trip in Tampa so the boys and I went to stay with Nan to help take care of her. While we were there, Nan developed a blood clot and was readmitted into the hospital. She has since been sent home and is on blood thinners and is doing really well. She still just has to "take it easy" and that is NOT easy for her!!!
We were also SO sad to lose our beloved Great Uncle Alfred to cancer during this time. He was suffering and we know that he isn't anymore. Jackson adored him and he was able to attend the funeral with us. We talked alot about dying and going to Heaven to be with Jesus if you have Him in your heart and it was such a precious time.
We are finally catching our breath from the chaos and life is looking good. We are so fortunate and blessed that it wasn't worse and our family is still with us and healthy. Psalm 37: 23 tells us that the steps of the Godly are directed by Him; though they stumble, they will NOT fall b/c He holds us in the palm of His hands!!! WOW!!! We are so undeserving of this kind of love and I know that we can get through ANYTHING with Him by our side.
On a lighter note.....I will NEVER take down our Christmas tree before New Years again!!! HA HA HA
No comments:
Post a Comment