
We just got back from a week at the beach. It was an "unexpected" visit as it was just planned the week before when Nan called and said she wanted to take her grandkids somewhere. Brian had work to do in Pensacola, so off we went!!! We stayed at the same complex we stayed in back in March, but this time we were able to swim in the pool. Jackson did great with his ring and "Popeye muscles" and wasn't scared at all!!! Jonathan was a little hesitant (not surprised) the first time. He didn't want the "muscles" or ring at all and only wanted me or nan to hold him. He'd sit on the top step or jump to us from the side, but he only wanted us. He became much more comfortable by the end of the week and we were working to keep our eyes on him at all times!! Makes me wish we could have a pool in our yard!!!!The boys were active - played in the pool, the bay, the ocean and the sand. They were busy making sand castles and roads around them (of course). They tried to catch fish with their nets and helped Haleigh and Brian catch hermet crabs. The funniest thing from last week were some of the things that came out of Jackson's mouth:
"Just forget about it momma!" - this came when I was trying to keep him and Jonathan from bothering each other in the car. I told Jackson to just forget about Jonathan for a while and this is what he said back to me and many other times in the car.
"OH, For Pete's Sake" - this came several times from Jackson when I'd ask him to do something (whether it was clean your toys and let's get in the car). I have to admit - he hears this from me all of the time. I say it instead of OMG b/c I don't want my boys to say that.
"I can't sleep b/c something went boom boom" - this came b/c Jackson's room was on the parking side of the condo and some car radios were very loud.
I am so amazed at all of the things the boys say and do these days. It's never a dull moment!!! I hope we're able to go back to the beach again next year and able to make this a tradition for our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment