Sunday, April 13, 2008

Welcome!

For so long I have had "dreams" of journaling for the boys and giving them all of the journals on the day of their wedding (or some other special day in their lives). Actually, when I was working full time and just had Jackson, I wrote many times in his journal. I kept up with all of his "first year milestones" and all of the family occasions we did. Then, when Jonathan was born and I started to stay at home, I haven't journaled much at all. It's been very confusing to me as to why I can't sit down and write in a journal, but I have the time and energy to type in a blog. SO, this is why this "blog" has been created. I solely want to use it as a "journal" to pass on to our boys one day. I hope to write all of the things they say that make me laugh, all of the special kind hearted things they do and anything they do that they would one day want to read about. But, more than that, I want them to know that I love being their mommy......on the good days AND the bad days. I want to journal all of the "trying" times I have so they can appreciate them when, Lord willing, they become parents and I want to journal all the great times we have so they can see that those existed too.

Jackson is 3 1/2 and Jonathan is 2. As any mom of two toddlers would know, life is never dull for me. We constantly stay on the go and the boys are full force. They are into everything little boys are in to - trucks, tractors, trains, hunting, going "tt" in the flowers (because they can), making sounds when I back up the car, etc. They go to Mothers Day Out 2 mornings a week and that is when I catch my breath. They love "school" and are really great kids when they are there. Jackson came home the other day talking about how one of his friends wasn't at school - it was one of first "adult conversations". He was so cute telling me who was there and who wasn't - and he was right on target with all of the information!!! He is growing so fast!!

Jonathan is in speech therapy and that is going well. He doesn't say much at all (b/c we have done it for him for so long) and we are trying to teach him all of the important words he needs to know. This past week he has started saying "eow" and "ruf" when you talk about cats and dogs. That was a HUGE accomplishment and we are so proud of him. One of these days, I'll be journaling about how much he is talking and wishing he'd be quiet (I'll need to remind myself of these days). He is into anything Jackson is and admires his big brother with all of his heart.

I don't know how often I'll be able to journal, but I hope to capture all of the important times in their life. May you enjoy reading this as much as I've enjoyed putting it together.

No comments: