OK, OK, I know it's been a long time since I last blogged and I apologize for that. It takes a long time to do some of these posts (mainly the uploading of pics - ugh!!) so it just doesn't always "fit into my schedule"...but I have spent the better part of tonight updating the blog and I hope you enjoy the next few posts that I did.
SO, Jackson is growing so much!! We are getting ready to register him for Kindergarten and it makes my heart swell with so many different emotions. I'm so sad that our baby is ready for this milestone but I'm so proud and excited for who he is today. In order to have everything in order for registration, Jackson needed to have one more immunization shot. Since he acted so terribly the last time he had to have shots (hid under the table in the Dr. office!!!), I decided to talk to him about it the night before. My friend let me borrow the Bearenstein Bears, "Going to the Dr" book and I sat Jackson down and read it to him. We talked about how he still needed one more shot to enter Kindergarten and that we were going to get the shot the next day. He was a little apprehensive at first, but then he started asking questions and seemed to be ok with it (as well as he could anyways). So, the next day, daddy met us at the Dr. office, the nurse called us back, Jackson sat ON the table and she asked him if he wanted to have the shot in his arm or in his leg. He looks at me and says, "Mom, I think I want to have it in my arm because that is where sister got it" (sister was in the book that I had read him from the night before). So, he got the shot and didn't even tear up!!! It was over in a split second and he was so proud of himself (and so were we!!!). We got our blue card and was out of the office in 5 minutes flat!! Instead of crying all the way home from the stress, I cried all the way home because our little boy is growing us so fast!!!!
Another Jackson moment involves a funny thing he has started saying. We were driving down the road one day and Jackson said, "Hey mommy, it's a gray day today" (cloudy). Now he'll tell me it's a "blue and white day", "Blue day" or "gray day"!! How cute is that!!!
Jonathan is also growing - wearing the same shirts as his brother and almost the same pants. It's amazing how tall he is and I'm just trying hard to keep him in clothes that fit. I'm SO glad the warmer weather is here bc Jonathan's pants (that he just got at Christmas) are starting to look like floods!!! He is writing all of our names and counting like crazy!! I can't believe that in a year I'll be registering HIM for kindergarten!! He loves riding his bike and scooter and playing hard.
I hope you enjoy the following posts!!! Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment