Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas parade!!!

So, usually every year we are NOT in town for the Chelsea Christmas parade....we are either in Augusta, Tuscaloosa or the hunting club. But, this year, I PUT MY FOOT DOWN!! Yes, I did!! I know - some of you are shocked. So, despite the fact that is was approx 35-40 degrees outside, I bundled up the boys and we went to the parade - their FIRST parade ever!!!

We stopped and got breakfast at the Golden Arches (a.k.a. McD's) and had a "cold picnic" on the side of the road....

Then the parade started and it didn't take Jackson long to figure out the "typical parade stance" for any child 8 years old and under... I think we got more candy than we did at Halloween!!!And, of course, we have to have a pic with mom to document the day...

It was a great time and I'm so glad the boys enjoyed it!! I would like to say a special thanks to everyone who helped me "manage" the boys during this time - we have GREAT friends in Chelsea and I'm so thankful for each of you!!!

No comments: