It's official!! Our big boy is getting SO big!!! As most of you know, I teach/aide at the PreSchool where Jackson and Jonathan go to school. Yesterday I was talking to our Director, Mrs. Kristie, about how much Jackson loves making lists, notes, etc. You've all been there - the, "Mom, how do you spell ______?" conversations that leave you sounding like a dictionary.....we are there! So, she graciously gave us these little books that help kids learn how to read using sight words, etc.
Well last night I starting showing him how you can read by sounding out each letter in the word. So, we started our first book and he caught on SO good!! Before the end of the book, he was able to read a couple of the words without any assistance from me at all. Then, tonight, we read one of the sentence books and he did really well with that one too.
I'm so proud of our big boy! He is growing so fast, asking so many questions and doing so good. You can tell that little brain of his is moving "ninety to nothing" and he just can't stop. I can't wait to see what levels he climbs to.....
1 comment:
Way to go Jackson! Reid is doing that and it is so fun to see their little minds "click" and get it! Can't wait to see you guys soon!
Post a Comment